By John Lewis
Published: Monday 1st December 2014, The Newcastle Herald
THIS year’s Hunter Valley Wine Show at Singleton introduced a new award, the Innovation Trophy for wines that push the boundaries of traditional Hunter winemaking.
This week we received our official results from the Hunter Valley Wine Show and the Hunter Valley Boutique Winemakers Show.
Some results worthy of news are:
- Three Ponds 2015 Verdelho – Bronze – Hunter Valley Wine Show
- Three Ponds 2015 Fiano – Silver – Hunter Valley Wine Show
- Three Ponds Merlot 2014 – Bronze – Hunter Valley Boutique Winemakers Show
- Three Ponds Nero D’Avola 2014 – Gold – Hunter Valley Boutique Winemakers Show
- Three Ponds Holman Shiraz 2014 – Gold – Hunter Valley Boutique Winemakers Show
Article by Dan Traucki published in the December 2013/January 2014 Edition of Wine Business Magazine:
There are 32 wineries growing Fiano in Australia and it’s a variety making a statement at wine shows. Dan Traucki reports.
WINE: Innovation celebrated at Hunter Valley Wine Show
By John Lewis
And there is the introduction of the Italian fiano variety to the Hunter in the Mount Eyre vineyards owned by Coonabarabran medicos Eve Tsironis and Aniello Iannuzzi. That initiative earned the Mount Eyre 2013 Three Ponds Fiano the 2013 Hunter Valley Wine Show trophy for best any vintage alternate varieties dry white and a gold medal in 2013 other varieties dry white class.
Innovation celebrated at Hunter Valley Wine Show